Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gideon


I am having a rough day today. For the last year and 2 months we have had Gideon, a dachshund/min pin mix. He was my constant companion. I went and picked him up when he was 3 months old. Gideon resembled a deer, long legs itty bitty body. He is smart adn picked up on potty training quickly. I love him so very much, but he is having a hard time coping with Kailyn. He seemed to be doing okay until I came back from Vacation. He wouldn't listen to me and he nipped me and I started to worry for Kailyn when she starts to walks his grunge against her would prove unsafe. So I made the decision to give him up to a family that had more time for him and could give him everything that he needed that I was no longer able to give. A family called lasted night that were looking for a playmate for their 1 1/2 year old beagle, a perfect fit for Gideon. So today is my last day with him and I am having a hard time. I feel like I have given up on him. However I know it is the best for him. I am going to miss him.

No comments:

Followers